Ok so here is the deal.
It is 2016.
Time for a fresh look at a lot of things. It is funny I listened to the radio yesterday morning and they talked about how divorce requests are at their highest in January. Time off work and the ritual of routine can really highlight inadequacies and perhaps pain in the ass partners...( did I just say that? )
Biscuit's Blogs are now going to take on a whole new meaning. On reflection over my three days off (I know, I know I was really spoiling myself! ) I realised I needed to up my game. I wanted to make more of a difference in your life. Not just giving humorous insight and a few tips here and there but something more.
So here it goes. The new Biscuit Blog format for...
- YOU, the Creative Entrepreneur who struggles to make sense of the huge amount of advice vomiting out of the screen at you.
- YOU, the Creative Entrepreneur who feels isolated and lost when it comes to feeling motivated on what to do first.
- YOU the Creative Entrepreneur who wonders about Sales funnels, Marketing plans, Social Media planning, About pages, Press Releases & what Tools to use etc.
So if you are in a Creative field and you are serious about being educated and involved in a movement that supports and brings like-minded people together, then you are in the right place.
Right so, to kick 2016 off I want to begin by talking about Facebook and to gift you a guide to Facebook engagement.
Yes, Facebook. This is where I spend most of my time right now. Why?
1. It is where my audience spends most of their of time.
2. The advertising power here is mind blowing.
3. It gives me a fantastic portal for building Biscuit's Creative Community.
So I want you to ask yourself this...
- Do you know where your target audience hang out?
- Are you spending quality time engaging with your customers on social or do you tend to 'socialise' with your industry peers?
- Do you have a strategy when it comes to what you post on your social media?
- Do you know how much time per week you spend on social media?
Do not put yourself in the naughty corner or fold your arms (stop it) and feel like you are crap at business if you answer NO to any/all of the above. Here is the thing, social media is a huge power machine when it comes to business BUT it also has an enormous suction facility, specialising in sucking time from people's lives.
I think the best strategy to begin with is to timetable your use of social media.
TIP OF THE DAY
Simply get your alarm out.
Pick an hour in the morning & an hour in the afternoon.
Set that alarm.
Once it goes off give yourself a snooze to wrap up.
Then log out.
Make sure the tab is closed off while you begin your other work.
So if you are pretty ok with Facebook posting and have embraced the beast but you want to figure out the best way to surge that engagement then check this out.
We all have heard that Video is the new black. For engagement and interaction and more importantly, SALES. A study showed that in 2015 shoppers were 174% more likely to purchase a product if they saw a video on it, than those who didn't. That number is not to be sniffed at.
I have done a bit of digging and compiled this download for you.
These key tips will increase your engagement and will give you guidance on how to use video.
If you are the kind of person that doesn't like the camera then use it to showcase your 'Work In Progress' posts. Try and capture your morning ritual before you begin to Create.
Bring your audience into your world, be consistent with your posts.
You have been posting motivational quotes every Monday morning. Now say the quote into the camera and post it up. Let's see the difference in engagement.
Remember People buy from People.
I would love to know how you get on. If you do delve into the video creation world - tag me! @taraboo I would love to see what you create. If you like what you are reading then sign up to the weekly blog and get them hand delivered to your inbox.
Talk next week!